We’re here to support you
Our processes and systems are designed to support remote working and, with over 100 team members now working from home, you can still rely on us throughout this time of unprecedented change and disruption.
Microsoft Teams is serving us well as a way to keep up face-to-face communication with our clients and team members. It’s absolutely free and you don’t need to subscribe to anything, so just ask your usual Sagars team member to send you a Teams meeting invite and you’ll see how easy it is to use.
If you want to look into it before you try it with us, take a look at this video.
All of our team members are still available on their usual contact numbers and email addresses, or you can call our main office number 0113 297 6789 and we will be happy to help you.
We’ve created this hub to make it easy for you to access the most useful and up-to-date COVID-19 guidance and information. Our experts are monitoring daily updates and communications from a range of reliable providers and sources and we’ll aim to provide you with as much clarity as possible on what is happening and how we can help you.
If you’re looking for a really good general overview, we like what Deloitte have produced and you can see that here: Deloitte: UK Government funding response to Covid-19
If you want more specific detail about the Business Interruption Loan Scheme, take a look at what the British Business Bank have to say here: British Business Bank: Coronavirus Business Interruption Loan Scheme (CBILS) for businesses & advisors.
The Government have announced a range of measures to support businesses with the financial impact of Coronavirus. There’s lots of information available on their website but if you need to find information quickly, use these links:
- Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme
- Claim for wage costs through the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme
- Self-employment income support scheme
- Statutory Sick Pay (SSP) Rebate
- Support for businesses paying tax
- Applying for more time to file your accounts with Companies House
- Guidance to help with running your charity during the Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak
- School funding: exceptional costs associated with coronavirus (COVID-19) – Academies only
- Defer your self-assessment payment
And finally, the ICAEW have pulled together some useful links and helplines that you can find here: ICAEW: Help for businesses, including further detail of how the support for furloughed employees will work
The challenges we are facing and the ways that we can help you are changing on a daily basis but we will do everything we can to support you through this.
Some of the things we can do to help you currently
- Act as a sounding board – We know that this is a challenging time for everybody so use us as a critical friend, we can talk through your issues and provide you with a supportive, listening ear
- Assist with Job Retention scheme – As further details are released, we will be able to advise you about how to access the grants
- Support you with accessing the Business Interruption Loan Scheme – To help you with your applications, we can prepare cashflow forecasts and management accounts using our Pulse technology
- Help you to apply for more time to file your accounts with Companies House – You may struggle to meet deadlines, so talk to us and we can advise you how to apply for an extension
- Help you defer your tax liabilities (Time To Pay) – Cashflow and paying liabilities may be a struggle both personally and professionally, we can discuss the available options with you and cast an eye over your forecasts to ensure you are prepared before you speak to HMRC
- Make sure you reclaim SSP where appropriate – If we deal with your payroll we will be managing any SSP reclaims. If we don’t provide your payroll support, get in touch with us and we will be able to help you
- Reviewing your business structure – With lots of change and uncertainty, we can ensure that your business structure is tax efficient and right for you
- Provide technology solutions to ensure your business is streamlined and efficient so that you can access information from anywhere at anytime
- Using Pulse technology we can keep an eye on your key KPIs