Our award winning tax expertise and experience is a real strength.
By choosing Sagars, you’ll benefit from a high and wide-ranging level of technical knowledge, whilst enjoying a truly personal service designed to be tailored to the individual needs of you and your business.
Our expert team can support you to achieve your goals – from tax consulting to help you manage transactions and changes in your circumstances to fully outsourced tax compliance services, we have the expertise to help grow and protect your business.
Find out we can support you and your business
Our areas of expertise
Our clients can rely on us to help with all aspects of corporation tax and the compliance associated with it – our specialist corporate tax team have a wealth of experience in advising businesses of all sizes, from small owner-manged through to multi-nationals.
We know that businesses change and so does what you want from them.
Our comprehensive advice includes;
- Remuneration and dividend planning
- Reorganisations and reconstructions
- Tax clearances
- Support with management buyouts
- Company purchase of own shares
- Share schemes including EMI and growth shares
- Research and development tax credits, patent box
- Capital allowances
- Capital gains tax
- SDLT advice
- Tax efficiency for investors, such as Seed Enterprise Investment Scheme (SEIS) and the Enterprise Investment Scheme (EIS)
- Tax compliance
- Property developers
- Financial services
- Your VAT processes are compliant with current VAT laws;
- Help show that you take “reasonable care”; removing any errors from the penalty regime; or
- Any errors are quantified and disclosed to HMRC before they have the opportunity to uncover it, providing the opportunity to reduce any penalty to nil
- Acquisition, restructuring or disposal of businesses;
- Acquisition, sale and development of land and buildings; and
- EU and international VAT transactions.
- Communicating with HMRC
- Ensuring any errors are quantified and assessments made in accordance with the law and within HMRC powers; and
- Mitigating penalties as far as possible
We do far more than just completing tax returns for 2,500 clients. We have a large team of private client specialists, dealing with everything from simple returns to complex family arrangements involving trusts and investment companies.
Our award-winning trust team deal with almost 500 trust clients with combined assets of over £1 billion. We work closely with the trustees, their legal and investment advisers, and in some cases we run the day to day administration of the trust. A key aspect of our services is that they are bespoke to our clients’ requirements.
We give our clients the detailed understanding needed to make effective decisions regarding their personal tax position, be it for income tax, capital gains tax or inheritance tax. Every family is different and we tailor our advice accordingly – we have never promoted tax schemes (although we can help in negotiations with HMRC) and our advice is based on maximising use of genuine reliefs.
The world is getting smaller and we are frequently asked for advice on entering or leaving the UK. We can advise on residence and domicile issues and our membership of Crowe Global means we can obtain international tax advice when needed.
In summary, some of the services we can provide include;
- Minimising capital gains tax on the sale or gift of assets
- Inheritance tax planning
- Entrepreneur’s Relief and Investor’s Relief planning
- EIS and SEIS
- Planning for retirement or business succession
- Tax efficient extraction of business profits
- Tax efficient wills
- Maximising use of tax reliefs and allowances between couples
- UK residence and domicile matters
- The use of trusts to reduce tax and protect family assets
- Self-assessment for individuals, partnerships and trusts
- Self employed accounts eg for barristers
- Making Tax Digital
The expertise and experience of our professional practices team has grown to support an ever-increasing number of law firms and a range of other professionals.
We provide a full range of advisory and compliance tax services to meet the needs of your firm, from the partners/members of LLPs through to the partnership and LLP accounts and tax.
One key aspect of advice is whether the entity you operate from is the best and most appropriate, taking into account (for example) current ownership, future succession plans and the cash needs of the business.
The tax and regulatory climate for partnerships is ever changing, and its vital to ensure you keep up to date with changes.
We have assisted many businesses with a fundamental change in operating entity, incorporation is still advantageous for many, but it has to be assessed on a case by case basis.
In summary, some of the services we can provide include;
- Incorporations, to LLP or Ltd company
- Partnership changes, appointments and retirements
- Acquisitions and mergers
- International matters
- Accounts and tax compliance
Administering payroll is often seen as a burden, we understand the complexities, expertise and resources required to ensure that your payroll service is delivered on time.
Our specialists are here to support you and your business. You can outsource your entire payroll and auto-enrolment pension solutions to our dedicated team or seek our help with any aspects of your PAYE administration. Our wealth of expertise means we can provide solutions to meet your individual needs.
Take advantage of our fixed fee health checks – a review of your records, systems and overall indirect tax position, alerts to problem areas, recommendations for improvements and the option of practical help with implementation.
Whether you’re involved in a one-off overseas project, buying a holiday home, trading with other countries or you have foreign parent companies or subsidiaries to consider, our team of tax specialists, and international connections are here to support you.
Our membership of Accelerate and Crowe Global means we can access worldwide expertise on your behalf and play a pivotal role in helping you to ensure that your foreign interests are internationally tax-efficient and compliant.
Accelerate is a community of relationship-focused, technology-driven, value-based accounting firms. Accelerate is a Business Associate of Crowe Global, meaning we can access accounting firms in more than 130 countries throughout the world.
Our partners regularly attend the CPAmerica International group meetings in the USA to access and contribute to a range of business development, training and learning opportunities that improve our international working capabilities.
How can we support you?