Yorkshire has farming and rural business at its heart. We can share our expertise and experience in advising many agricultural and other rural businesses together with those clients who face the considerable challenges (and opportunities) brought by managing and maintaining landed estates.
Issues typically faced by those in this sector that we can advise on include:
- maximising capital values and securing reliable income streams (whilst remaining sensitive to important historic traditions)
- achieving sustainable farm diversification
- managing disparate commercial activities
- grants and funding
- achieving or maintaining charitable status for some activities/sites
- succession planning
- effective marketing and finding new routes to market
- managing cash flows
- tax planning – including complex trusts, VAT and personal and corporate tax issues around land and property.
If you want to find out more about how we can help your farming or rural business, please get in touch with Susan Seaman or Chris Jones on 0113 297 6789.