Every month hundreds of millions of pounds in VAT move through UK business – and managing this cash is an area which is often overlooked.
Far from being a “simple tax”, VAT is a challenging area with opportunities for even the most straightforward of businesses to maximise cashflow efficiencies and ensure that VAT is being recovered in every instance it can.
Our specialist team also have the expertise and knowledge of working with more complex businesses, where VAT can become a real cost, such as:
- Property developers
- Financial services
We understand how vital it is to ensure these costs are scrutinised, and all available reliefs are utilised.
Take advantage of our fixed fee VAT Health checks which can help ensure that:
- Your VAT processes are compliant with current VAT laws;
- Help show that you take “reasonable care”; removing any errors from the penalty regime; or
- Any errors are quantified and disclosed to HMRC before they have the opportunity to uncover it, providing the opportunity to reduce any penalty to nil
We have significant expertise in the day-to-day management of VAT across a wide range of industries, we can also help navigate the pitfalls of those less routine areas and help you plan for the best outcomes during:
- Acquisition, restructuring or disposal of businesses;
- Acquisition, sale and development of land and buildings; and
- EU and international VAT transactions.
By getting in touch with our team of experts, before any issues arise, we can help you avoid the pain of VAT errors, HMRC enquiries and potential penalties.
But, when things do go wrong, our experienced team can step in with practical solutions and support tailored to your individual needs.
- Communicating with HMRC
- Ensuring any errors are quantified and assessments made in accordance with the law and within HMRC powers; and
- Mitigating penalties as far as possible